How To Enhance the Personal and Social Development of Pupils, Raise their Self Esteem and Address Bullying Through Circle Time
This is a very practical, active, realistic and fun course, which will increase classroom teachers’ confidence and help them to be better equipped to;
- Enhance the inter-personal skills of pupils
- Develop and enhance positive relationships amongst pupils
- Improve pupils self-esteem
- Improve pupils conflict resolution skills
- Address bullying
- Deal with pupils personal problems
- Create a positive working environment where achievement is celebrated and looked upon favourably by pupils
- Support pupils to becoming good citizens within society during their childhood and adult life.
In addition to delivering the curriculum, teachers also have to deal with issues such as bullying, loneliness and anger management. Evidence suggests that teachers are spending an increasing amount of time on the personal and social needs of pupils due to the increased pressures in society and the drive for social inclusion. Circle Time provides a forum for enhancing the social development of pupils, which will ultimately make them better pupils and better people.
This is a very active course and delegate’s participation throughout the day is essential. The course is appropriate for teachers and other staff who work with groups of children in schools such as Learning Support Assistants or Learning Mentors.
Through participation in a series of practical activities and lessons, delegates will be able to;
- Organise team building circle activities
- Organise self-esteem circle activities
- Establish clear procedures and routines for implementing circle time
- Organise a number of 5 part circle time lesson
- Experience circle time lessons to deal with pupil issues like name calling, bullying, loneliness and anger management etc.
- Take away ready made circle time lessons that can be used with their pupils
Some comments from delegates attending previous sessions:
“Fantastic course, really lively & interesting. Great that everybody was involved for the whole day. Left feeling really motivated.”
“Thank you for such an energetic, enthusiastic and useful course! I’ve really enjoyed my day and got to know lots of new people.”
“This was a super course and as all the activities were demonstrated & experienced by us I feel empowered and inspired to take these in to the classroom.”